Sunday, October 18, 2009

Not Me! Monday!

I have a couple good "Not Me's" for this week. Oh and a really gross one, but I'll put it at the bottom so that if you're not up for it, you can read through the others without having to read it. But I'm betting you'll have to, because now I've peaked your curiosity :)

My bloggy friend MckMama started the "Not Me! Monday" post and I love to post about things that "did not" happen to me too! It's therapeutic to say the least. Here's the link to her blog if you want to check it out.

Upward and onward to the things that I "did not" do this past week:

Last Monday, when I picked up Jonah from pre-school, with the freakishly big scarecrow that he made, I did not put it in the front seat and forget about it there. I also did not forget that Aphia had turned the light on above her seat, so that a faint, faint light would slightly illuminate the van for the rest of the day. I would never do those things so that when Jeremiah went out into the garage late, late that night to let the dog out, it would scare the BeJebeez out of him, thinking that there was some kid in the front seat of our van!! And Jeremiah would certainly never say to me when he came back in from said adventure, "It scared the crap out of me so much, I thought my stomach was going to fall out of my butt!"

Since having been on bedrest, I try to keep both my cell phone and home phone, near me most of the time. So when I went to the doctor for an appointment on Wednesday I did not instinctively put both cell phone and home phone in my purse and bring them along with me. Since I did not bring my home phone with me, I would never have to look in my purse, see it there and feel like a total brainless dork.

This week, we have been truly blessed as I've been on bedrest, with family and friends watching our kiddos (and many other blessings besides!). However, this did not come in handy when I did not have to sing the "stranded" song while on the toilet (the one you sing so someone will bring you toilet paper since there is none on the roll). Doh.

And now for the ultra gross, ultra pregnant, ultra lazy NOT ME item you've all been waiting for... drum roll please....ddddddddddddd.... (that's my drum roll)...

Last Sunday, before I was put on bedrest and was told not to move, I was telling Jeremiah how difficult it can be to move, to do simple things, etc. He was kind of staring at me, not really understanding. But oh, don't worry, I helped him to understand in that very moment. I had just eaten an apple a bit earlier, and in the moment we were talking I did not burp up a big chunk of that apple, chew it again and swallow it back down because it was simply much easier than getting up to spit it out. That would be so gross and disgusting and no one of any civility would ever do that. If that ever did happen, I'm sure Jeremiah would simply look at me with raised eyebrows and say, "Gross. If that was easier than getting up, I get it now."

That's all for now!

2 comments:

Megan @ Hold it Up to the Light said...

Those were AWESOME!

Charisse said...

That was completely hilarious. I was definitely not expecting that last apple bit. But it was hilarious. And so true. Very similar to the reason that it was much easier to sleep in the bathroom with a sleeping bag and a pillow when I was pregnant the first time and sick ALL.THE.TIME.

Came here from MckMama. WIll stop by again some time. :-) Have a wonderful day!