Monday, March 1, 2010

Ready For Something

It has been 4 months (4 months last Sunday, to be exact) since Isaiah entered this world and I am ready. I am ready to re-boot. I have been in "doing" mode for 4 months, just doing life, trying to keep up with the little things that needed to be tended to. But now I am ready for a little more. And by "little" I mean LITTLE. One of our wise MOPS mentors did a devotion last week and it talked about priorities. She talked about a mom who was challenged to write down exactly what she did all day long (in 10 minute increments). I did this and I have found that there are a few moments in my day when I could to add a little. I have a few free moments some days and I want God to rock them! He knows that I only have a few and I would really, really like to use them to be in the Word.

I've just been feeling a little stagnant in my relationship with Him lately. I'm not feeling challenged. Now I have to understand that by saying these things and asking God for them, he probably will challenge me. Am I ready for that? I think so, but he knows just how ready I am and I am comfortable with where He leads.

I guess that I would really like a study that I can lay on my kitchen island so that I can read a snipit, tend to the beckonings, read some more, tend some more, and answer some thought provoking questions. My mind and my heart want to be stretched. I am feeling dry and want to be quenched. I am a student at heart and I have been doing a lot of teaching lately (and not high level teaching to my 0, 3, and 5 year old if you catch my drift!). I spend a lot of time in my own head during the day, unless I am answering questions like this from Jonah, "Where does infinity start if it never ends?" And after many, MANY (praise God!) days of no accidents, I get this question from Aphia, "Mommy, what's wong with me?! Potty keeps wunning down my leg!" Ugh... try the toilet! Or I'm doing things that ARE very important to my children, like playing My Little Ponies- Aphia likes them to swim in the ocean, AKA big blue comforter, while Jonah prefers to have them ride the "personal watercrafts." Anyways, these things are important to them, but not so "mind challenging" to me and I am feeling a bit dumbed down I guess.

Any suggestions on studies to do? Does Beth Moore have individual studies or just group gigs? Any other authors you would point me to? I have heard good things about Francis Chan lately... any word there? I am open to the leadings, so lead on!

3 comments:

beckimelvie said...

Come to CBS!

Ann said...

Hey sister, I'm with you! Want to commit to one together and meet for a playdate once in a while to discuss? And this might not sound 'right', but I need something NOT about parenting or wifing . . . something just about me and God.

jen said...

Well you know my friends....my little Bible Study group is going to start "The Forgotten God" by Francis Chan.....and even though you aren't in the study...if you were reading along with us...we could discuss & challenge one another along the way!!! There's a workbook too if you wanted to dig a bit deeper....:)

I love you for keeping it real & for loving the Lord boldly my friend!

blessings!