Monday, March 15, 2010

Angels to Protect Them

Every so often I have these pictures in my head. I don't want to say "visions" because that makes me sound weird and off beat, so I'll say mental pictures. I'd like to share one that I had last night.

Aphia kept mumbling/crying in her sleep. At first we didn't know what it was because when we would go into her room, she was quiet. Then after a while, we knew for sure what was going on, and that it was truly her. One of the last times Jeremiah and I went in, we layed our hands on her and prayed for peaceful sleep for her. When I went back to bed I continued my dialog with God asking him to send his angels to guard her against anything that was not peaceful. A couple minutes later I heard her start to wimper again and got this seriously awesome picture of 3 beautiful angels standing in front of her bed, glowing and standing guard, protecting her. We had seen a group of Celtic singers a couple nights before on tv and Aphia was completely enamored with them. Nothing could break her gaze from the beautiful singers in their gorgeous gowns... The angels may have looked a bit like these ladies :) In that moment she fell silent and not another peep was to be heard from her for the rest of the night. I thanked God for answering my prayers and keeping her peaceful.

I feel that there are plenty of times during the day when her little 3 year old world and mind is not at peace. Whether she wants a toy that someone else has or wants to do something that is not allowed or does not want to do something she has been asked to do, life as a 3 year old can be tough. The least I can do is pray that she have a fighting chance at a completely peaceful and restful night.

No comments: