Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Nostrils and Tooshies

I went in to wake Aphia up from her nap today and she was quite like her mommy, NOT wanting to be roused at all. I rubbed her back, stroked her hair, slowly pulled the covers off, for a good 10 minutes before one eye opened to the slightest sliver. Once she was awake, I sat there while she was still lying there, we began to chat. As we were talking, she said, "Just a minute," and proceeded to stick her little pointer finger way up into her nostril. She dug around in there for many seconds. How can something so gross, when done by a small child be so cute? I just had to laugh! We talked a little more before I heard, "Just a minute," and she did the same thing, while extremely focused, in the other nostril.

Yesterday the wee babe had some of the same antics while at our MOPS leadership meeting. There were sounds- loud, loud sounds emitted from his rear end, that if done by anyone else would turn their face to the darkest shade purple I can imagine. But because it was done by a 4 week old baby, there was laughter, oooh's and aaww's from the room.

I'm glad that there's such innocence in childhood. It makes for laughter and helps me to remember to keep it light.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Um, yes. And as the wee babe happened to be on my lap while such sounds were being created from his tiny little tooshy, I simply grinned and chuckled! Two days prior, while in our very first church service in our brand new church, my first babe (now 8) snuggled up on my lap. She let no fewer than 5 toots rip, right there on my lap... it was not an event that made me chuckle nor grin! She was rewarded with a smack on that noisy tooshy for her rude behavior!