Thursday, April 1, 2010

They Call Me the Wanderer

I'm sorry that there have been no pictures on here lately. My internet is sometimes ok and sometimes totally bogus. Lately I've been able to watch "Chuck" on hulu (which I could almost never do before), but I can't upload any pictures to here or Facebook. It gets all the way to the end and then aborts the upload. SO FRUSTRATING!

But that is not the point of this post.
This is. I wander. I am lost. I do not know where to start. I am not mad or sad or frustrated about this (most of the time), it is just the way it is. If you looked into our home, there would be ample amounts of time during the day that you would see me aimlessly walking around. Let me explain.

The other night I had finished up bathing, diapering, and jammying Isaiah. He was playing happily on his bedroom floor and I started to walk out of the room. As I was walking out, I looked back at 2 baskets full of clean clothes and said to myself, "Walk right back in there and PUT THOSE AWAY!" Then thought, "What was I going to do otherwise? I don't know. I was going to go wander around the house because I do not even know where to start with everything." Sometimes I get so overwhelmed with all that there is to do with our house, three kids, a husband, a dog, a yard that I just zone out and wander. I become totally ineffiecient and waste time doing piddly little things instead of focusing, honing in, and tackling big things that need to be done. I spend time lost in the haze. I need to regroup. That is what I have been focusing on today. One thing at a time. Tackle it for 5-10 minutes and walk away. Find another thing, tackle it for 5-10 minutes and walk away.

It has been a good day! I have gotten a lot of stuff done. Today the kitchen and living room don't make me want to hide in a hole. I brought out the children's spring/summer clothes and went through them to bring upstairs and put in drawers. I worked on another fun project that I cannot disclose at this time :) And I wrapped up the laundry... which I started on Monday.

And look at me now, I have had the past 10 minutes to blog. Fun.

It must be spring! This energy and renewed sense of wanting to clean and organize is a sure-tale sign! I even asked my sister-in-law, Becca, if I could borrow her label maker when she comes over on Sunday.

I'm going to go meander on over to flylady.com and then check out some other organizational websites. What does spring do for your mood? Do you get in the cleaning, rearranging, organizing mode? What have you done so far this spring?

3 comments:

Katybella said...

Hey NeeNee! I also suffer from the wandering!!! This Spring, I have had the spring cleaning bug! Although after I did 2 full days of cleaning I got burnt out, so then I moped around for a day! Oh well. Just keep honing in on those tasks and being a great mommy!

Ann said...

oooh, a label maker. . . I am envious! Enjoy that burst of energy because the warm, sunny days of summer are quickly on there way and we will want to spend all our time on the beach!

I too find myself wasting time . . . I need to buckle down and. . wait, what was I saying? Oh well, time to iron those pretty Easter dresses!

jen said...

perhaps some of this spring energizingness will rub off on me....doubtful, but perhaps! love you!