Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Ode to Vitamin D

Last year my friend Jen told me that most Minnesotans are extremely deficient on vitamin D and that could be the reason for so many people suffering from S.A.D.D. I was a definite sufferer of S.A.D.D. I remember dramatically saying that I wanted to plunge my head into the toilet and leave it there. Not really. But kind of. So I started popping vitamin D religiously. Oh the sweet relief. It has been a world of a difference. I take two each day and on those long stretches when we don't see the sun for DDDDDAAAYYYYYYSSSSS on end, I'm still doing ok. I care not to leave this world just yet. If you find yourself sad in these long winter days... try some vitamin D, it does a body good.

The following pictures really have nothing to do with vitamin D, except maybe that my kids looked really, really cute in their Vikings apparel and that makes me happy.

Jeremiah said to me on Sunday morning, "I'm wearing my Vikings jersey to church." (clearly testing me and my reaction) I said, "Ok." He said, "REALLY?!" I said, "Sure, put the kids' on them too." He was thrilled. And all the guys in church were jealous of him [that he has such a cool wife that lets him wear a Vikings jersey to church].

Too bad Los Vikes couldn't break the curse.

Here's the monthly picuture... even though I took it on time, we're almost due for another. This was at the beginning of January. A February one will come in, well, February.

Just playing outside, since the weather was warm enough- like in the 20's!! Woohoo!





1 comment:

Ann said...

And again, you don't disappoint! Should have come to SOJ on Sunday - our service was broken into 'quarters' with one side as the kicking team and the other as the receiving team. Josh wore his purple shirt and many, MANY attendees were dressed in their Vikings apparel!


And cute kids -- give 'em hugs from me!