Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Not Me! Monday (er... Tuesday)

So whaaaaat?! So it's a "Not Me! Monday" on a Tuesday, that's just how life is sometimes!

So here's my chance to let you know all of the embarassing things that I did "not" do recently...

I most certainly did not kick Jonah when we were standing in the check out line waiting for a REALLY slow guy in the express check out a couple weeks ago (ok I really didn't, I just stuck my leg out- rather high for a pregnant lady- so that he wouldn't go careening into the slow man ahead of us). Jonah did not then turn around and, very loudly, say, "OOOOWWWW! Mom! Why did you kick me?!" And I, then, did not glance over my shoulder to see the wife of one of our pastors standing in line right behind me. I would never "kick" my child, in a grocery store, in front of our pastor's wife. But if I did, I'm sure she'd understand, she's had kids.

I'm am definitely not a mother who ever has to discipline her children in the least-they're always perfect! So last week, Aphia had not had some spankings and time-outs for playing in the toilet water after repeatedly being told not to do that- because she would not ever do such a gross thing! After the last time, I definitely did not have this lecture from her afterwards, (and picture this with the Aphia voice and her hands out in a "what?" fashion) "Mommy, I payed in da poopy toilet watoe. You pank my bottom and I go in a time- out. It's sooooo yucky! I make you soooooo mad! I won't do it again, and den you be sssooooo happy!" Apparently we had not had this conversation oodles of times and it was finally not ingrained in her head!

Have a wonderful week and I hope you do not ever do anything embarrassing and live to blog about it!

No comments: