Friday, August 14, 2009

Mr. IJK

As the weeks pass, very quickly, I'm feeling more and more ready and not ready, anxious and at peace, physically good and enormous, on top of the world and a little frightened about Mr. Isaiah John Kruger coming into the world in just over 2 months. I'm currently 27 1/2 weeks pregnant and the time is going quicker than ever.


This picture was taken of me (and Phia and Isaiah) when we were in Oxford, MS visiting my cousins in July. I assure you, I'm much, much bigger now. How is this possible? Good gracious! With all three children, my doctors have told me that I have a LOT of amniotic fluid, but seriously folks, it's a little ridiculous!

Things have been going very good so far. My blood pressure has been a lot lower this go round. At this point with the other two pregnancies my BP was running around an average of 160-170/90- EEK! My BP for the past 3 weeks has been at an average of 125/78!! WHOA, talk about a difference! I was on blood pressure meds by this point with Aphia.

My hands have not been experiencing much for carpal tunnel issues. Although when we went on a little bike ride last week, I could tell that if I went much farther, my hands would be tingly.

And although, I could swear that I'm WAY huger than I was with both Jonah and Aphia at this point, I actually just measured around my belly, and it's the same as with Phia...hhhmmm...

I'm letting myself think that I might actually go full or close to full term with this lil one. And then he won't be such a lil one (in my mind)! I feel like I could actually have a normal sized baby, and won't know what to do with him! I'll take one look and ask, "Shouldn't he be potty trained by now?!"

So why the difference in all of this? God only knows that. But I think it's definitely a combination of all things considered. I'm not working (for pay!) which eleviates a lot of stress and busyness. I'm getting acupunture treatments for blood pressure from a local chiropractor- who is incredible! I have a LOT of people praying for me and Isaiah! I had been attending a yoga class once a week (but the session is over now- boo.) And although it sounds corny and cheesy, I'm self-talking a ton- thinking happy, calming thoughts and breathing deeply. Also, I think there is a big difference going from only one child to two vs. two children to three. Jonah and Phia play together and entertain each other all the time and it's great! It allows me to join in the fun, sporadically, and not have to entertain one child all of the time. (Jonah actually picked out Phia's clothes and helped her get dressed today- it was SO sweet! And the outfit was her 4th of July outfit that all matched and coordinated!)

So that's where we're at in this process of adding Mr. IJK to our family. He's going to be here before I know it. Oh! On that note, my doctor says that if all continues to go well, we'll schedule my c-section for the last week in October, probably the 30th. Of course, if things take a wild turn with BP or anything, we'll be completely flexible for him to come whenever. But with that said, we'll be having an October baby!

1 comment:

jen said...

perhaps I've read a few more texts than I ought...the first thing when I saw Mr. IJK was "I'm just kidding!"...perhaps you'll have a prankster on your hands :) love you!