Wednesday, September 17, 2008

So Blessed!

Just a lil note to brag on some pretty fabulous folks I know!

My children's grandparents (ALL of them... and the "Greats" too) are just so darned awesome!

Two particular things come to mind, because they are presently affecting me!

First, my mom came out here today, surprising me (and Jonah- who stood there stunned, staring at her!) to help me out for the day! I had a plethora of children and she had come to fulfill the mantra, "Many hands make light work." And it truly was a wonderful day. AND to top it off, she spoke to me through EVERY love language!!
1. Quality Time: She came out here yes, to help me out, but I also got to spend time with her, which I love and cherish.
2. Gifts: She stopped at Coffee Connection and brought me my FAVORITE- white chocolate mocha with decaf. She also brought me a box of random stuff, including a picture that I hung in my bathroom, that I LOVE and have wanted. If you want to know what it's of, you'll have to come to my bathroom and see :)
3. Acts of Service: She came to help me out with all the kids I had today!! What a blessing!
4. Physical Touch: We always gotta hug!
5. Words of Affirmation (which is actually my #1): She affirmed that I'm doing a good job, boosting my confidence, saying that I was brave taking on twin infants for daycare, and just over all affirming me all day in what I'm doing.

Secondly, Rob and Bonnie are coming here tomorrow evening and bringing the kids back to Willmar with them for the weekend. I get to have the whole day on Friday ALL FOR MYSELF! I've got an amazing day planned, then we get to meet Chris and Emily in Mpls. for dinner at Buca!!!! I acknowledge that I am very, very fortunate! We have a wedding to go to on Saturday and then are heading to Willmar on Sunday to watch Auntie Liz in a play and have dinner with everyone. It will be a wonderful weekend of relaxation and much needed hubby/wifey time.

So yeah, just thought I'd throw this out there, because I know and love some pretty remarkable peeps that help keep me going.

1 comment:

Ann said...

I never heard back, so I'm assuming that lunch with me and my kids on your kid-free day is out! Hope you enjoy all your 'me time' -- you definitely deserve it! Soak it up! You are fabulous!
Ann;)