Monday, July 7, 2008

"Forchuly" Baby!




My Great Auntie Mary posted a blog about her grandfather (so my great-great grandfather) who came over to America from Finland to dodge the draft into the Russian army. He was a communist and a draft dodger, but he loved America. She has a picture of him in the Kingston City Band celebrating, "Forchuly"- that's how he'd say it with his thick Finnish accent. His legacy of love for this country has been passed on. Here I am sporting my Red, White and Blue and waving my little flag on Forchuly.


My brother was being grumpy and would not pose for a picture, whining because the sun was in his eyes. But I was being a good girl and posed so nice. I'm proud to be an American and thankful for my independence and freedom.
Hope everyone had a wonderful Forchuly :)

1 comment:

__REV__ said...

This website is way too fun!

Duluth uncle