Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Tidbits

Hello Blogger... It's been a while huh?  Yeah, sorry 'bout that.  Life, ya know.

I don't have anything big & grand to post today, but a bunch of little & mediocre things.  So if you want to plod through, be my guest  :)

-It's the day before Valentine's Day and the kiddos and I are going to finish up their cards for their friends.  We tried to stay away from giving out candy, but decided on each card getting two Life Savers with the card saying, "Valentine, We are two of a kind!"  The "o's" are the Life Savers. 

-I'm looking forward to our trip down to Branson, MO with my parents & two of my siblings (and their SO's) in less than a month.  I don't think I'm going to make my goal of losing 8 pounds by then. 

-On said trip to Branson, we will be leaving at 3:00 a.m. and I love, love, love driving at this time of the morning when it's dark and quiet.  No music, no radio, just a van full of slumbering people, my thoughts, and my Starbucks White Chocolate Mocha. 

-I am going to be working full time for 8 weeks this spring/summer.  I am excited and dreading this all at the same time.  I'm excited because I love my job and it will be very exciting!  I'm dreading it because it's the beginning of summer and I'll miss that time with my kids.  But at the end of the 8 weeks we are going to FAMILY CAMP!!!!!!!!!  We're going to a camp in northern Wisconsin with friends of ours and I am SO EXCITED!!  I LOVE (I cannot write LOVE big enough here) camp.  I had dreams and visions of owning a camp when I was younger.  We'll be taking our pop-up camper and staying in that, but we'll be spending our time eating every single meal in the dining hall.  Mama doesn't have to think about cooking or doing the cooking for a WHOLE WEEK!  This is the icing on the cake.

-JJ & I are helping to facilitate a parenting class at church and participating in it, the other weeks.  It's called Swimming Upstream 101.  Parenting a child to have values, morals and a Biblical foundation today is completely counter cultural... Thus Swimming Upstream!  The video series we're watching (and reading the book to go along with it) is called Visionary Parenting and it is absolutely, hands down, phenomenal material.  More on all of this in a later post. 

-A very, very dear friend of mine is due to have her 4th baby in about 2 weeks.  I am anxiously awaiting this beautiful girl, because I KNOW that God has and is working miracles in her life already!

-Soccer sign ups for summer is happening soon. Both kids want to play again.  Jonah was very enthusiastic about wanting to play (the more... how shall we say it in a nice way? "Relaxed" player of the two).  Aphia was actually a little reluctant (the more... aggressive & cognizant player of the two). 
I loved watching both of them play last year- a stark difference from watching t-ball the two years prior (it might have been more fun to try to pluck each toe nail off one by one). 

-Today, Isaiah was the red Power Ranger and his name was Sam.  On Sunday when I went to pick him up from Sunday school, he was not there, but I was delighted to be able to pick up Superman.  We are trying to find a nice happy medium of imaginging and playing pretend (which he is VERY good at) and not telling all out lies (which he is getting good at). 

-My new nephew Ryan Jr., who I would like to call RJ but I haven't cleared that with my SIL, is 3 weeks old.  He has found his voice.  He is stressing out my SIL and I'm praying for him and her.  Those early days can be so touch and go.  It's all new and a learning process.  It's exhausting. 

-JJ is amazing these days. I keep thanking God for the man that he is to our family.  Just like everyone, we go through ups and downs, that's life.  But I love to ride the ups and downs with him.  With him the ups don't go as high and the downs don't go down too far.  I like that he keeps us pretty steady.  I'm not always the most even keeled person don'tchaknow.

So that's what's happening in Kruger Land these days. I hope you are well and making it through the winter.  Today we are one day closer to spring than we were yesterday!  Yahoo!  Peace out y'all.   

No comments: