Monday, September 6, 2010

I Remember

I remember when you were at twinkle in my eye.
I remember when you in my tummy all day and all night.
I remember when you gave us a scare and decided to spend some time at Children’s.
I remember when you came home to our house.
I remember when you slept through the night.
I remember when you first smiled at me.
I remember when you got your first tooth.
I remember when you took your first step.
I remember when you said “mama”.
I remember when you became best friends with your buddy Jack.
I remember when you loved Thomas and his train friends.
I remember when you sang “Jesus Loves Me” to me.
I remember when you called motorcycles “motodackas”
I remember when you welcomed your little sister with joyful love.
I remember when you memorized your first Bible verse.
I remember when you told your first knock-knock joke.
I remember when you discovered your love for jumping off the dock on your own.
I remember when you started to dress yourself.
I remember when you went off to Cubbies.
I remember when you started to read.
I remember when you went off to Pre-school.
I remember when you welcomed your little brother with incredible love.
I remember when you said some of the funniest quotes I’ve ever heard.

I will remember your first day of Kindergarten just like I remember all these other things and more.

I love you so very much my little JJK. You are a joy and a light in my life. May the Lord bless your days in school. My you enjoy much, learn much, listen much, and laugh much. May you show respect, love, and kindness to your classmates and teachers. May the Lord go with you and guide you as you start this chapter of your life, “The School Years.” I love you!

1 comment:

Stephanie Hemmesch said...

The words of your heart were beautifully written.