Tuesday, June 8, 2010

How do I love thee... Let me count the ways...

I am quickly falling head over heels in love with our new abode. She is open and spacious, warm and inviting. Each time I come in her doors, she greets me with love. Ok, it might not be this way to the average person since when they walk through the front doors they are greeted with stark white walls (that for now I have agreed to leave that way for Jeremiah) and really no furniture in the living room. But to me, she is becoming home, the place where our family belongs.

Some of the things that I love about her are:
*Her extra wide stairways (most are 3 feet wide or so and ours are 4 feet)
*Her plush carpet in the family room
*The fact that you can stand on the upstairs stairway and look down into the kitchen, living and dining rooms and it feels so open
*Her great backyard that is fenced in (though it doesn't seem to keep mangy little mutts inside- he just jumps right over!)
*Her three garage spaces
*Her center island in the kitchen
*All her cabinet and counter space in the kitchen
*Not having to clean out a bagillion toys from the tub to take a shower (since the kids have their own and we have our own!)
*Her ceiling fan in my bedroom with the remote
*The fact that the dishwasher is on a "light switch" up on the counter so that kiddos cannot just start the dishwasher by locking it
*Her back entryway through the laundry room
*Her main floor laundry room
*Her ample windows for natural lighting
*Her disposal in the sink (I grew up with one, but Jeremiah refused to ever put one in the old house, because it was just one more thing that could break- which was true so I didn't fight it)

Now just as in any relationship there are those things that bug you, but aren't "break it" deals and here are a couple:
*Her closet space is not ample
*Her linoleum in the entry way and kitchen are pretty scuffed and gouged up

And well that's all I can think of for now so, I'm thinking- She's a GEM!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

I'm sorry my dearest but your Widgeon Way had a crazy amount of closet space so I'm afraid most homes will pale in comparison. Hopefully that will make you forgive your new home's annoyance- it's not her fault, it's the Widgeon Way's home's fault for spoiling you!