Saturday, May 2, 2009

Uh Duh!

We had an "Uh Duh!" moments as parents this morning, prompted by none other than 4 year old Jonah. He speaks truth and common sense into our lives quite frequently, and this morning was no different.

Jeremiah and Jonah were talking during breakfast and Jonah, being the "rules boy" that he is, was talking about sin, how he doesn't want to sin, but sometimes he does, etc. Jeremiah talked about forgiveness and asked Jonah, "So after you sin, do you pray and ask God for forgiveness?" to which Jonah responded with, "No. I just pray before and then I don't do it!" Uh Duh! Maybe we should all try to live that out.

Amazingly we have a Savior who knows just how very human we are and that we do constantly falter and fail. He is here to pick us up, wipe off the grime, and set us on our path again. But He never continues spurring us on to stop sinning and turn to the way of righteousness. My 4 year old gets this... why don't we? I shouldn't always wait until after I screwed up, but rather, prevention is the key! Pray prior to sinning and have faith that the Lord will help me to do the right thing! Uh Duh!

No comments: