Wednesday, August 27, 2008

As Summer Fades...

There are those pointed times in life that when they come, you know that something else is about to draw near. Two of those things stick out at me, telling me that the end of summer is very, very close.

First, the Minnesota State Fair. When the fair comes, you know that summer is almost finished. The kids and I went, along with my mom, my sister and my aunt, who were amazing helpers to me! However, the next time I go to the fair with my kids, they better be old enough to pay for themselves! They broke the bank with all their, "I want a third corn dog Mom!" from Jonah and "Mo! Mo! Mo!" from Aphia when sharing mini donuts, cheese curds, roasted corn on the cob, a smoothie, nachos, a corn dog and more! The kids enjoyed the John Deere equipment and riding the big slide. Although I did enjoy the fair, I really enjoyed getting home, showering, and kicking back to watch a movie once the kids were in bed :)


The second is my brother Michael's birthday- August 24. This year was his Golden Birthday and so we celebrated with friends and family on a boat on the St. Croix. It was a surprise to him and Susie pulled it off remarkably!!

I just thought I'd thow this in... Where did my daughter get curls from?! Her mom and dad certainly don't have curly hair, or even wavy for that matter!! I'm just loving them!!







No comments: