Monday, October 17, 2011

If you woke up today...

(For some reason this post would not post last week when I wanted to post it. So the "today I'm grateful for" things are from last week- not today)

I recently saw a quote on Pinterest (if you don't know what Pinterest is- OMG- it is my new BFF. Sorry old BFF's nobody ain't got nothin' on Pinterest!!) that said something like:
"What if today you woke up with only the things that you thanked God for yesterday?"

I liked that so very much! What a fantastic reminder of being thankful for what we have. However, I was also a little horrified that I get so lazy in being thankful a lot of the time. I asked Jeremiah the question and he kind of gave me a shrug. I said, "Oh what? You'd be ok with no car, no job to drive to, no home, no clothing?" to which he strongly replied, "No, I'd be just fine. At dinner last night I said, 'Thank you Lord for everything you give us,' and if I woke up without something I'd be ok with that because God has given us everything we need."

Doh. I guess I have a thing or two to learn from the boy. I'm grateful for his growing leadership in our family. It's a nice nest to live in.

I'm making sure to be grateful and thank the Lord for A.) Everything that he give us. B.) Specific things that I am truly grateful for throughout the day.

I'm grateful for:
-My parents who met us for a picnic lunch at Lake Rebecca and the fried chicken, apples and donuts they brought to eat.
-That the boy came home between work and Bible study tonight instead of going to church like he ususally does on Thursdays (he's been working on the church's lawn mower before Bible study each week, but now he's done).
-That I have a bit of time and energy to be doing some major painting around my house.
-For this glorious weather. Even if it is hot for October, I'm not going to complain after last winter!
-And everything that comes from above

No comments: