Monday, May 2, 2011

Better in Buffalo

I grew up in the suburbs. I like the suburbs. I like that we could be in Minneapolis within about 10 minutes. I like all the "burbs" had to offer.

But...

Now I like it better in Buffalo. Before JJ and I got married, he was looking at buying a house, in the suburbs. I was good with that! Then... He started looking at homes in Buffalo. Um, where? You want me to live way out where?!

Well he bought a house and I moved out here after we got married. For a long while it was not home. I only lived here. I actually really didn't do much else here, not even grocery shop or fill my gas tank or go to church. But then I started working out here, started meeting more people, had a baby and met more people, got a different job, joined MOPS, had more kids, started going to a new church, going to ECFE all the while meeting more and more amazing people.

Today as I was driving Jonah to school and then the littles to my friend Jessica's and then back to work, I saw several friends that were also out and about going hither and yon. I loved waving and blowing kisses to my amigas! I LOVED the fact that I could drive around town and see people that I love, going about their daily business and we can connect through a smile.

I'm a people person and I love seeing and being with people I love. For some, this wouldn't be the right fit. Some people like the anonimity of where they live. Not me. I love to see and be around others. I love Buffalo, it's just better here.

No comments: