Sunday, March 13, 2011

Just Curious

On Friday I woke to an email saying that there had been a massive earthquake in Japan and we needed to pray fervently for a friend who was vacationing in Hawaii, where the tsunami was supposed to hit. We were informed later, by said vacationing friend, that she was just fine and was not even affected by the waves.

I flipped on the tv to see the devistation and calamity that the biggest earthquake in recorded history had caused. Holy toledo! To watch as the waves hit the island of Japan and wash away so much was chilling.

I thought of this earthquake and how big it was. In church this morning our Pastor said that it moved the country 8 feet. EIGHT FEET! I saw pictures of roads being slip in two and the shaking that just kept on shaking and shaking, causing buildings to fall and destruction in so many places.

I'm reminded of the verses in Revelation that say, "The seventh angel poured out his bowl into the air, and out of the temple came a loud voice from the throne, saying, “It is done!” Then there came flashes of lightning, rumblings, peals of thunder and a severe earthquake. No earthquake like it has ever occurred since mankind has been on earth, so tremendous was the quake." (Revelation 16:17-18)

I think about the earthquake that is to come that Revelation speaks of. It will be so catastrophic that it will destroy everything. EVERYTHING. That is a sobering though eh? However, this event, as you can see, is when the angel declares, "It is done!" I won't be here then. So I'm just curious, will you? I pray you won't be here to experience this. If you know Jesus as Savior, you won't be here either. If you're not sure if you'll be here... you will. So I'm just curious, a life of hope in Jesus or to experience the most devistating earthquake there will ever be? So I'm just curious, what will you choose today?

No comments: