Tuesday, August 10, 2010

September 7th, you are still too far away

On September 7th, Jonah starts Kindergarten. Holy cats. I can't believe he's going to be in school all day, everyday. A piece of me is really sad about this. And today when I say "A piece" I actually mean "Not one little tiny ounce!"

After breakfast I let the kids go out on the deck after breakfast to blow bubbles. And why wouldn't they proceed to pour the big jug of bubbles all over the deck and table, only to slide, glide and run through it, rub their hands in it and then their hands in their hair and all over their clothes? That makes perfect, logical sense to me! ugh.

When the knock came on the deck door asking me to open it up so they could come inside, I of course dropped everything I was doing and came to their rescue. Never would I open the door the teensiest bit and say, "You told me you were going to blow bubbles. You proceeded to make a huge mess that I am not ready or prepared to clean up right now. When I am ready to deal with you, then you can come in. Until then, you need to stay on the deck in the mess you made," and then shut the door and go about my business in the kitchen.

Not 2 minutes later, Jonah as picked up the dogs leash thingy and decided that he should wrap it around his sister's neck I came screaming (because I know they can hear me even through the sliding glass door) and running towards the door to make him stop. He drops the leash and looks at me like, "What???" ugh again.

Bored. Kids. In. Need. Of. School. To. Start.

I love Fall. It's my MOST favorite time of year and this Fall is no different. I am so excited for the start of structure and routine. I've made countless schedules as to what our weeks will look like, making and re-making in different color schemes and such. NERD. I know.

I'm excited for the crisp air. I'm excited for the everyday routine. I'm excited to go to Lamb's Resort at the end of September (a long standing extended family tradition). I'm excited for MOPS (Mothers of Pre-Schoolers) and Community Bible Study to start. I'm excited for early bedtime routines. I'm excited to make lunches to put in lunch boxes.

Fall is a magical time when all seems to turn and make everything good in the world. At least in my world.

No comments: